Installing and configuring the PoaCart app is a snap.
Connect your Facebook Page
Once you install the app, you’ll then be prompted to connect your Facebook page.
This allows PoaCart to send messages on your behalf through your Facebook page.
Check Your “Send to Messenger” widget
The next step is to check that your “Send to Messenger” widget appears in your store, just above the “Add to Cart” button.
How to manually add the “Send to Messenger” widget:
If you do need to re-position it or it does not appear by default, just add this code to your product page just above the “Add to Cart” button:
- Go to “Themes” > “Actions” > “Edit Code” (see picture below)
- Locate the product-template.liquid file (this should be under “Sections” if your theme has sections like most themes)
- Add the code above just above the “Add to Cart” as shown in the picture below. If you need help to do this, just reach out to us through the “Contact Us” widget and we’ll insert it for you.
Create Shopify Discounts
If you offer discounts in your cart recovery messages, you’ll need to create Shopify discounts, which you’ll offer your customers (we highly recommend this). When to offer discounts:
- To entice people who abandon your cart to come back and complete the purchase. People love discounts – and this will get them to complete their purchase.
- Cross-Sell – To offer them a reason to come back and buy from you for a second time after they complete their purchase! They already love your products and they will buy from you again if you give them a reason to come back.
To make your work easier and create the following discounts:
- 15PERCENT – 15% discount offered on abandoned cart messages
- APPRECIATION – 15% discount offered to encourage repeat business
If you create your discounts this way you can use the default abandoned cart messages for Facebook Messenger and abandoned cart emails.
This is a very important step. We are working on an automated discount system where you don’t have to do this manually.
Customize Abandoned Cart Messenger Campaigns
Now that you have created a discount, double check to make sure the messages for your Abandoned Cart Messenger Campaigns are OK.
You can work with the default messages, but depending on your business model, you might need to make some changes. The default messages are pre-loaded with discounts above.
Customize Messenger Receipt and Order Fulfillment message
The Messenger receipt and Order Fulfillment message are not activated by default.
- Order Fulfillment Message:- Sent whenever someone completes a purchase if they check your Add to Cart widget. This is a perfect opportunity to give them a discount to make them repeat buyers.
- Order Fulfillment Message:- Sent when order is marked as “Fulfilled”. This is also a perfect opportunity to give them a discount to make them repeat buyers.
Next, you may need to customize abandoned cart emails. Instructions to do this are given here.
Congratulations! That’s all there is to it!
You can now watch as the PoaCart app recovers abandoned carts for you!
If Your “Send To Messenger” Widget Is Not Pre-checked
Facebook directly determines which widget is pre-checked by default or not
Effective September 28 2018, Facebook has stopped approving new requests for pre-checked status. They are working on this policy.
In the meantime, if your widget is not pre-checked, request Facebook to notify you directly from this link
If you need help, let us know and we’ll give you a hand!